- ‘Autism is a serious, lifelong and disabling condition. There are around 700,000 people in the UK with autism, that’s more than 1 in 100. If you include their families, autism touches the lives of 2.8 million people every day.
- 17% of children with autism have been suspended from school
- Only 15% of adults with autism in the UK are in full-time work
- At least 1 in 3 adults with autism experience severe mental health difficulties due to a lack of support
- While autism is incurable, the right support at the right time can make an enormous difference to people’s lives’
National Autistic Society 2015
‘The total cost of supporting adults with autism in the UK is £25 billion per year’
NHS South West